RESIDENCE PERMIT TURKEY
Residence permit in Turkey. Foreigners entering the country with a valid passport or other document are allowed to stay in our country for the duration of their visas or visa exemptions. However, foreigners who want to stay longer than the visa period or the visa exemption period must obtain a residence permit. This permit issued by the authorities provides to the foreigner, the right to live in a certain place in our country for a certain period of time. For a residence permit which is important for the provision and protection of public order; the foreigner is required to make a request, to apply with the required documents and to bear the conditions of residence permit.
Short Term Residence Permit
Foreigners may be issued a short term residence permit;
1-Foreigners who will come for scientific research purposes;
For this purpose, if foreigners requesting residence permit are subject to permission for scientific research, they should obtain permission from relevant institutions or organizations (Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Ministry of Energy, universities, etc.) If they are not subject to permission, they are required to submit a declaration on the subject of research.
2-Foreigners have immovable property in Turkey;
If the foreigners who have immovable property demand a residence permit, the immovable property must be their residence and should be used for this purpose. In addition, family members also can apply for residence permit if the family members have ownership rights over the housing.
3- Foreigners will establish business or commercial connections;
In the event that foreigners who want to establish a business connection or business, may request a residence permit for more than three months, a letter of invitation or similar documents may be requested from the foreigner.
4-Foreigners will remain for tourism purposes;
For this purpose, the statement of the foreigners who are requesting residence permits (where, when and how long they will stay in the country) is evaluated. It may be required to provide information or documents if deemed necessary.
5- Foreigners will attend Turkish language courses;
For this purpose, foreigners must enroll in the Turkish language course (The course must be allowed from the Ministry of National Education). The residence permit can be given a maximum of two times to foreigners.
6-Foreigners apply within six months from the date of graduation from master in Turkey;
The foreigners who applied for this residence permit within six months after the date of graduation from master may grant with residence permit. For this purpose permit can be issue for maximum 1 year.
7- Foreigners come within the framework of student exchange programs and agreements of the Republic of Turkey;
For this purpose, foreigners requesting residence permit are required to submit the information and document to be obtained from the relevant institution. The duration of residence permit cannot exceed the duration of the training or similar purpose.
8-Foreigners will be granted a short term residence permit if they lose their family residence permit
9- Foreigners must remain in Turkey depending on the demand or the decision of the judicial or administrative authorities
The duration of the residence permit to be arranged for this purpose shall be regulated by taking into consideration the time specified in the decision or request.
10- Provided that they do not carry one of the diseases considered as a threat to public health, foreigners who will get medical treatment service in Turkey;
Residence permits are arranged in accordance with the duration of treatment.
***Short term residence permit shall be issued maximum two years for each time.
To obtain a 5-year residence permit, foreigners must have these criteria;
11-Foreigners investing in the scope and amount to be determined by the Council of Ministers
12-Citizens of TRNC are entitled to receive a short term residence permit for 5 years.
Short Term Residence Permit Requirements
In order to the short term residence permit to be issued, foreigners must meet certain requirements;
– To submit the supporting documents and information about the purpose of your stay in Turkey,
– Not to fall the scope of Article 7 of the aforementioned Law,
– To have housing conditions in accordance with general health and safety standards,
– If requested, to submit a document indicating the criminal record issued by the competent authorities of the country of which he is a national or legally resident,
– To submit the address information about where residing in Turkey.
LONG-TERM RESİDENCE PERMİT
The long term residence permit shall be issued by the governorate, upon approval of the Ministry.
Foreigners who can be issued a long term residence permit, in order to obtain this type of permit;
- Foreigners who have continuously resided in Turkey for at least eight years with residence.
- Foreigners who meet the conditions set out by the Migration Policies Board.
Refugees, conditional refugees, and subsidiary protection beneficiaries, as well as people under temporary protection or humanitarian residence permit holders, are not entitled to obtain a long-term residence permit.
Long term residence permit shall be issued indefinitely.
Long Term Residence Permit Requirements
In order to the long term residence permit to be issued, foreigners must meet certain requirements;
– Having continuous residence in Turkey for at least eight years
– Not having social assistance within the last three years,
– Having sufficient and regular income to support himself/herself or his/her family,
– Having valid health insurance,
– Not being a threat to public order or public security.
Long-term Residence Permit Holders Rights
- Foreigners who hold a long term residence permit; they may benefit from the same rights which Turkish citizens have with the exception of the provisions of special laws, and of compulsory military service, the right to vote and to be elected, entering public services, and exemption from customs duties when importing vehicles.
Cancellation of long-term residence permit
*The long-term residence permit will cancel if the foreigner stays abroad for more than one-year except for reasons of health, education or compulsory public service.
* Long-term residence permit is canceled if the foreigner poses a serious threat to public order or public security.
FAMİLY RESİDENCE PERMİT
Family residence permit editable to the;
a) Foreign spouse,
b) Minor children of one of the spouses,
c) Dependent children of one of the spouses
of the Turkish citizens, blue card holders or foreigners who have one of the residence permits, as well as refugees and subsidiary protection beneficiaries
In case the foreigner who demands family residence permit has more than one wife, only one of the wives may have a family residence permit. However, all children of the foreigner may be granted a family residence permit.
Foreigners who have a family residence permit may request a short term residence permit in the following cases:
– In case of divorce, the foreigner has remained with a family residence permit for at least three years within marriage,
(There is no requirement to stay married for 3 years for foreigners who prove that they have been victimized by domestic violence)
– In the case of death of the sponsor, if the spouse was residing on a family residence permit depending on the sponsor,
– The foreigner who reaches the age of eighteen if he/she has remained with a family residence permit for at least three years in Turkey.
* The family residence permit arranges not to exceed three years each time.
*The duration of the family residence permit in no way exceeds the duration of residence of the sponsor.
What are the requirements for the family residence permit?
These conditions are divided into two;
- Requirements for the sponsor
- Requirements for the ones who demand family residence permit
If the conditions listed in this law are meet, the foreign family may obtain a residence permit.
Apart from these three residence permits, there are three more types of residence permits; student residence permit, humanitarian residence permit and residence permit for victims of human trafficking.
TOPO Law Firm’s Legal Services for Turkish Residence Permit
We are a team of professional Turkish lawyers producing creative solutions. We aim to provide quality service to our clients in the shortest time possible. Our experienced team for the residence permit shall help you get positive results as soon as possible. After you give us your power of attorney, we shall take the necessary actions for you and inform you about the process.
Contact us to get the most accurate information in the shortest time possible. Put your trust into the professional hands At Topo Law Firm.
At the time of the appointment, you shall go to the place of appointment with the filled pre-registration form and other documents on these websites.
After completing the pre-registration, you will select the date and place of the appointment.
Within 90 days of completing the application you can query the results of the Provincial Migration Management on the internet.
For the information about appointment and document for Turkish residence permit:
Residence Permit in Turkey Application Forms:
For the information about Turkish residence permit renewal:
Residence Permit in Turkey Renewal Application Form
Explanations for the applications and documents: